Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Guess what??

Well that's been the only header I've been able to think of to put above this picture.

On a lark I was persuaded to enter some things in my local county fair. I had never been down there, so I had no idea what I was getting in to. (I usually go to the next county over, it's a shade bigger and gives me more reasons to go)
But! Here is what I saw upon entering the exhibit building! 

I don't think I've ever posted about these before, so when I get them back next week, I'll have to explain a bit about them!

Secondly, This past week or two I have started on a new life journey. I've begun learning Scot's Gaelic. (Gaidhlig) It's so much fun, this language! And it's definitely a challenge, seeing as it's not a Latin based language. Here's a bit of a sample: 

I think it's gorgeous! But of course that could be because it's my native language.

I'm learning Via These Lessons . These concentrate more on Grammar than Pronunciation or Vocabulary. It's a bit harder that way, but I figure, once I get the grammar I can do anything else from there.

I'm also enjoying some Gaidhlig Music and radio. Julie Fowlis sang a lot of the songs on the new Disney movie "Brave"  If you liked here there, you should check out some of her other music, she sings in pretty much pure Gaidhlig!

Another pace to really get into the culture is Here, Celtic music radio. The sad part is, most of the time I'm getting the "Through the night" programs due to the time difference.  It's still good though!

Anyways, I've rambled enough, back to study it is!
Much love!
Meggie

Ps, anyone willing to learn with me, I would LOVE to have a study buddy!

0 comments: