Friday, November 30, 2012

A Trip to Tipton




We were blessed to be able to go and set up at several places this autumn, Our first, and newest, was the Fall festival at Tipton-Haynes State Historic Site in Johnson City. 



We were invited to camp with several other people, but because of rainy weather, we were the only ones that did. Of course, I brought all my Victorian comforts of home. (You know you've been watching too much BBC when you know you can't forget to bring the works for a full tea service.) 



These photos were taken at the end of a long, wet, tiring day, But it was extremely fun! It was my first time being able to almost completely put aside modern life if I wanted to, and be Edwardian. 

It was extremely surreal, being alone at night in this place, almost like the lives that had been lived in this home went on dancing once everyone was gone. Not to mention the resident deer that enjoyed the lawn one evening, and the groundhogs who live under the outbuildings.

It was a great way to spend my birthday weekend I think.

I had planned an entirely new outfit for this show, but upon trying my blouse, it was much too small... and by then I was out of time and material. So I went with my old standby Green Blouse, though the skirt was new. A sturdy, everyday, bottom weight cotton, made from Past Patterns #5328

It turned out not to be too hard. It was too small for me around the waist, so I took a few inches off the top, which helped with the length as well.

Anyways, I'm extremely excited to get to go back next year!

Maybe we'll get  sunshine and a better turn out.

Until next time!
Meggie





0 comments: