Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Okay so I've mentioned before about keeping one of our men's kids... well I think I'll tell the whole story. About a month ago a fellow who had worked for dad when I was probably... oh gosh I must have been little because he helped build this house and we moved in here when I was two... Aaanyhoo, he came by and simply said "I'm starving to death, I need work." His wife had left him, he had three little boys, no electricity, no running water, and he was about to run out of unemployment. So when the opportunity arose, we put him to work. We offered him one of our cabins, but he was too proud to accept charity... until it got cold.


Correy on the left and Cody on the right... It took me forever to get Correy to stop running the batteries down on that flashlight!


But anyways down to the point, only one of his boys is in school, and only Kindergarden at that. The middle boy is the one we kept last week that was sick. Today, he ran out of places he could take the little ones during the day. He couldn't pay the people who usually kept them and the grandparents were wore out. So we kept them.. or mostly I did. Needless to say I"M wore out.

They were very good about looking at the camera and smiling, but the flash kept making them blink!

They're sweet boys, don't get me wrong, but they are boys... and they grew up without Church, and with a worthless lazy mother... So they're rowdy, but I've never known a boy who wasn't :D And the middle one is very defiant. But I also think he has hearing problems... but seeing as I know nothing of children... it could just be me. They did fine until about 1:00 when they got tired and started fighting. The little one, who's still in daipers, finally fell asleep, and I thought maybe I'll get to rest when the bigger one does... He didn't sleep. So to keep him from waking the little one, we went on a walk in the rain, he with a hood, me with a little umbrella.


Cody and Correy about to leave.


The little one slept until about 2:30- 3:00, and things got a little rowdy again. I taught them how to play "Ring- around- the-rosie" Which it was sadly clear they had never played before.


So it was fun, exhausting, and a total learning experience... I think we may have to keep them again soon. (I'm kinda hoping not tomorrow... but I don't think I'm right.)


But I want to ask the Christian mothers and sisters out there for a little advise! How do I deal with two almost completely unchecked little ones without getting completely exhausted?

Little Cody decided to try on "Mr.Clive's" Hat (My dad's)

1 comments:

Elinor Dashwood/Melanie said...

Hey there! :-)

What an interesting predicament! And a great opportunity to share Christ and make a difference in these little boys' lives!

Working with little ones is especially hard, especially if they are not used to listening to authority or sitting down doing things and such. I'll be thinking and praying about your situation and will let you know if I can come up with any advice...

But one thing I know right now to encourage you to do, more than anything else:

Look to Jesus and rely on Him! Sometimes God brings things into our lives that *are* too much for us to handle... alone. These situations are to teach us to rely on HIS perfect strength. He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Taking care of these boys *will* seem difficult, even impossible at times, but when that happens, look to Jesus and ask God to fill you and strengthen you with His Holy Spirit. He *will* help you!

I can't wait to hear how He works in these boys' lives through you! Please keep us updated! And I will let you know if I can think of any advice!

God bless!