Friday, February 10, 2012

Just a Spinnin!


I thought I'd share a few picturtes of the best day I had last week, or one of them.


This early spring weather has a way of drawing people to front porches everywhere, and that draw hasn't avoided me.

One day last week, I had all my pretty, fresh laundry hanging on the line, and nothing else to do, so I set to plying some yarn and soaking up the vitamin D. I felt like a true mountain woman

with my hound dog beside me and bare feet soaking up the rays.

Enjoy!!



4 comments:

Civil Folks said...

How wonderful to spin on the front porch! I love to set up at reenactments for spinning. I am not practiced enough to be great at it but folks are kind to watch me treadle away. I use a sheep skin beneath my wheel and like to feel the treadle with bare feet.

There is NOTHING like air dried laundry either.

Great post!

Pam

Avonlea_dreamer said...

Well, luckily spinning doesn't take that much practice to get the hang of. :D It's keeping everything at the same thickness that's the hard part! lol!

And I agree! I keep sniffing myself after my clothes have been on the line. :D

Anonymous said...

Awww! how sweet, I'm so envious of your good weather, thanks for this post.. it makes me want to come down so badly!
K~

Avonlea_dreamer said...

You have no Idea how this weather is reminding me of last year. I keep waiting to get up at 3am and come get you. :D