Friday, April 6, 2012

A Stitch in Time

Well, My quilt top is finished!

(You can see my previous posts on this Here and Here )
A few days ago I put together the last piece and sewed it to the last strip.

I then began assembling the top. Strip after strip, seam after seam. It's the only part of the quilt that I sewed by machine. I figured as long as they were that it would give it a bit more strength and, well, take a lot less time!

It may have taken less time, but it sure felt like forever. Sewing on and on when all I wanted to do was sit and quilt (My favourite part!)

The first thing I did when I got my material was to cut the strips that went in between.  I highly reccomend this, if you cut your other pieces first, you'll either not have enough material, or you'll be piecing strips together, FOREVER!

I cut them exactly as per the directions in the book, and guess what? They were too short... So, after sewing everything, I had to piece extra length onto them, this went on by hand.

So, After two days of sewing Loooong strips, and an hour on the floor making patches, I'm ready to QUILT!!!





Linking up again with:

Our Simple Farm


If you're stopping in from there, do please comment and tell me what you think!




0 comments: